A dental crown is a restoration that covers the entire tooth. During the procedure, a tooth-shaped cap is placed over the tooth to restore the natural look, strength and shape.
THE BENEFITS OF DENTAL CROWNS
- Strengthens teeth and repairs decay
- Restores teeth to natural shape and size
- Covers discolored teeth
- Enhances overall appearance
ARE DENTAL CROWNS RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you have a tooth that is broken or decayed, a dental crown might be for you. It will strengthen weakened teeth as long as there’s enough of the original tooth structure remaining to support the new crown.
CARING FOR YOUR DENTAL CROWNS
Dental crowns require the same care as your natural teeth, especially during post-operative recovery. After surgery, you’ll want to make sure you:
- Take Ibuprofen as directed to minimize discomfort
- Brush and floss daily
- Avoid eating and chewing for at least one hour after surgery to let the permanent cement to set.
- Use desensitizing toothpaste if your teeth become sensitive to pressure, or hot and cold temperatures.
As with any surgery, experiencing soreness for several days is normal. If you have any questions or concerns (such as persistent sensitivity or discomfort, or an uneven bite), please contact us.
BEFORE & AFTERS
“Thank you Dr. Nick AbuJamra and team. Your expertise, professionalism, reassurance, direction and help with tough decisions made the journey, while long, a fantastic experience. It is truly appreciated and will not be forgotten. It took many years of neglect to get where I was and, truthfully, in a short time I am back to a smiling fool. Thank you very much!”