Dental bridges are prosthetic replacements fixed to adjacent teeth. To avoid dental health issues, enable chewing and restore esthetics, dental bridges are typically used to “bridge” the distance between missing teeth.
ADVANTAGES OF DENTAL BRIDGES
- Restores your smile
- Replaces a missing tooth or teeth
- Restores the ability to properly chew and speak
- Alleviates stress on your bite
- Prevents other teeth from shifting out of place
ARE DENTAL BRIDGES FOR YOU?
We may recommend a dental bridge if you are missing one tooth or multiple teeth. During an initial consultation, we’ll determine if a dental bridge is the right choice for restoring your smile and boosting your confidence.
CARING FOR YOUR DENTAL BRIDGES
Dental bridges require the same care as your natural teeth, especially during post-operative recovery. After surgery, you’ll want to make sure you:
- Take anti-inflammatory medication as instructed to minimize discomfort
- Brush and floss daily
- Avoid chewing for at least one hour after your procedure to let the permanent cement set.
- Use desensitizing toothpaste if your teeth become sensitive to pressure, or hot and cold temperatures.
As with any surgery, experiencing soreness (such as persistent cold and biting sensitivity) for several days is normal, but the instructions above will help alleviate some of the discomfort. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us!
BEFORE & AFTERS
“The implant bridge has allowed me to return to the way of living like I had before losing my teeth.”